SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
Midori Tajiri-Byrd is a master at juggling multiple creative pursuits. As a descendant of Japanese samurai, she grew up in a family of artists and attended the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. These days, she makes her living as a professional makeup artist and she performs drag as LibeRaunchy the BeauxQueen.
Find Midori Tajiri-Byrd online:
- website - Midori Makeup Artistry
- Instagram - @midori_stories
- Instagram - @liberaunchy
- Instagram - @midoritajiri
- Instagram - @midorimakeupartistry
Other people & resources mentioned in this episode:
- In Episode 1, I talk about my experience participating in the New Orleans Drag Workshop, and in Episode 4, I interview Vinsantos, the Head Mister-ess of the New Orleans Drag Workshop.
- Photographer Jason Kruppa joined us for this episode. Find him on Instagram at @kruppaphoto.
- Midori talks about her artistic family who are descendants of the Taira clan of samurai. Midori’s grandfather, Vince Tajiri, was the photo editor for Playboy Magazine during the 1960s, and her aunt Rea Tajiri is a well-known Japanese American video artist, filmmaker and screenwriter. She is also related to Shinkichi Tajiri, a prominent Japanese American sculptor who resided in the Netherlands from 1956 onwards. Much of her family was interned by the United States Government and served in the 442nd Infantry Regiment during World War II.
- Learn more about Midori in articles on ViaNolaVie, NOLA.com and Gambit.
This episode is brought to you by:
The Power of Pinterest - this 50-minute class on Skillshare offers an overview of how Pinterest can be used to drive massive traffic to your website, blog, or online shop.
This episode was edited by Mo Calderon of Mo Explores Media.
*Note: some product links mentioned above may be affiliate links, which means if you click and buy the product, I make a small commission. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and I only recommend these products because they are the ones I have used. When you click and purchase, it helps support me making more episodes of this free podcast.
Special thanks to:
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.