SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
We met while selling our handmade artwork at Frenchmen Art Market in New Orleans. In 2014, I enrolled in Cycle 2 of the New Orleans Drag Workshop, where Vinsantos teaches people from all walks of life the art of drag performance.
This episode was recorded in Vinsantos’ studio and gallery, Tresor Gallery, at 811 Royal Street in the French Quarter.
Find Vinsantos online:
- @vinsantosdefonte on Instagram
- Facebook - follow Vinsantos' personal profile
- Vinstantos - Facebook artist page
- Vinsantos Art Dolls on Facebook
Other artists and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Austin Young - photographer for the drag portrait pictured above
- New Orleans Drag Workshop
- Trannyshack - the San Francisco drag club where Vinsantos got started. The club was rebranded in 2014/2015, and now takes place at Oasis as Mother.
- Peaches Christ - legendary San Francisco drag queen who was featured on an episode of NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
- Morose & Macabre's Atrocity Exhibition - dark cabaret variety show in Pittsburgh
- 4AD - a British independent record label that was started in 1980, featuring artists such as such as Bauhaus, Cocteau Twins, Modern English, Dead Can Dance, Clan of Xymox, Pixies, Throwing Muses and This Mortal Coil.
Special thanks to:
This episode is brought to you by:
DIY SEO for E-Commerce - learn the basics of optimizing your online shop to get more traffic from Google and other search engines!
VenturePOP Conference - I'll be speaking about The Power of Pinterest at this conference for creative entrepreneurs in New Orleans, September 30th and October 1st, 2017.
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.