SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
This week’s guest, Taylor Lee, is a self-taught abstract painter who creates artwork inspired by self-image, self-love, and body positivity. Painting became a form of art therapy for Taylor while she was in treatment for an eating disorder. We talk about authenticity in business and why life is better with color.
Find Taylor Lee online:
- website - taylorleepaints.com
- Instagram - @taylorleepaints
- Facebook - Taylor Lee Paints
- Spotify - listen to Taylor's playlists
- Better with Color community
Other artists and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Ashley Beaudin - founder of The Imperfect Boss movement
- Laura Frontiera - founder of The Real Female Entrepreneur podcast
- We referenced both VersAnnette Blackman-Bosia, who I interviewed in Episode 2 and April Joy Whitecotton, the guest from Episode 8.
- Carole Dweck - author of Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
- Brene Brown - author of Rising Strong
- Amira Rahim - abstract artist and creator of Instagram for Artists e-course and #passioncolorjoy
- Emma Howell - artist and creator of Happy Art Happy Mind
- Winsor & Newton acrylic paints
- Taylor recommends the book Daily Rituals: How Artists Work and the podcast Last Podcast on the Left
- The Creative Education Foundation - a nonprofit that sparks personal and professional transformation by empowering people with the skill set, tool set, and mind set of deliberate creativity. Join me in supporting their work and make a donation to my fundraiser page for CEF. To sweeten the deal, I'm offering some Kickstarter-style incentives to donate, including shout-outs on a future podcast episode, guaranteed Instagram features, and discounted 1-hour consultations with me! Learn more and donate.
- THANKS to Paula Isenmann, Mika Harmony, and Kathy Weller for donating to CEF!
Special thanks to:
This episode is brought to you by:
DIY SEO for E-Commerce - learn the basics of optimizing your online shop to get more traffic from Google and other search engines!
*Note: some product links mentioned above may be affiliate links, which means if you click and buy the product, I make a small commission. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and I only recommend these products because they are the ones I have used. When you click and purchase, it helps support me making more episodes of this free podcast.
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.