SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
From the oil fields of North Dakota to selling her art on Jackson Square in the French Quarter of New Orleans, April Joy Whitecotton is a self-taught Zentangle artist who has had plenty of ups and downs in her artistic journey.
We chat about how her background in the culinary arts prepared her for selling her own artwork, and how to balance day jobs and the need for financial security with running a creative business.
Find April Joy Whitecotton online: mentioned:
- Facebook - April Joy Art
- Instagram - @april_joy88
- Twitter - @april_joy88
- Project Finders Keepers - April’s art project where she paints rocks with words of inspiration and then leaves them in random locations for people to find and keep.
- April is currently working in North Dakota again, and traveling back and forth between there and New Orleans. During this time, she is continuing rock project across the country. You can contact April via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other artists and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Zentangle - art method that April specializes is. She is also a Certified Zentangle Teacher.
- Jackson Square
- French Quarter Festival
- Brandon Kyle Jenkins - April’s boyfriend and fellow artist is on Instagram, Facebook, and Society6
- Cave Comedy Radio - some of April’s favorite podcasts include Wizard and the Bruiser, The Last Podcast on the Left, and Abe Lincoln’s Top Hat
Special thanks to:
This episode is brought to you by:
DIY SEO for E-Commerce - learn the basics of optimizing your online shop to get more traffic from Google and other search engines!
VenturePOP Conference - I'll be speaking about The Power of Pinterest at this conference for creative entrepreneurs in New Orleans, September 30th and October 1st, 2017.
*Note: some product links in the resources section above are affiliate links, which means if you click and buy the product, I make a small commission. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and I only recommend these products because they are the ones I have used. When you click and purchase, it helps support me making more episodes of this free podcast.
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.