SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
Wesley Henderson is an “entrepreneur’s lawyer” based in Charleston, South Carolina. In this episode, we talk about the legal basics of starting a new small business, such as forming a legal business entity like an LLC, as well as the basic kinds of contracts a small business might need to protect themselves. We also talk about some intellectual property basics, such as trademarks and fair use, as they pertain to artists and creatives.
Find Wesley Henderson online:
- website - hhlawsc.com
- email - wesley @ hhlawsc.com
- Facebook - Henderson & Henderson, LLC
- Startup, Legally! - contract templates and online video courses designed to walk you through the legal steps of starting your business. Wesley offers these products for designers, health coaches, marketing consultants, pet service providers, photographers, and virtual assistants. Get 20% off any of these products when you use coupon code Badass18 at checkout!
- other resources - Wesley also shared The Ultimate Business Entity Guide and the Name Search Checklist with Badass Creatives listeners.
Other people & resources mentioned in this episode:
- Wesley mentioned the movie The Founder, about the story of Ray Kroc and the creation of the McDonald's fast food chain.
- Mallory mentioned Lela Barker of Lucky Break Consulting and Craftcation conference.
- We mentioned Pat Flynn and his podcast, Smart Passive Income, as well as his video where Mallory learned how to edit a podcast using Garage Band.
- Wesley referenced Episode 26 with Gary Hirsch.
- Wesley mentioned Amy Porterfield’s online marketing podcast and the Freakonomics podcast.
This episode is brought to you by:
The Power of Pinterest - this 50-minute class on Skillshare offers an overview of how Pinterest can be used to drive massive traffic to your website, blog, or online shop.
*Note: some product links mentioned above may be affiliate links, which means if you click and buy the product, I make a small commission. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and I only recommend these products because they are the ones I have used. When you click and purchase, it helps support me making more episodes of this free podcast.
Special thanks to:
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.