SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
Gary Hirsch uses visual art and improv theatre to help communities and businesses be more creative. In this episode, he talks about letting other people steal his creative ideas, finding ways to offer value to people, and the logistics of creating large scale murals.
Find Gary Hirsch online:
- improv theatre - On Your Feet
- visual art - Botjoy
- Instagram - @ghirschbotjoy
- Facebook - @botjoy
- Twitter - @botjoy
Other artists and resources mentioned in this episode:
- CPSI Conference (Creative Problem Solving Institute) - where I first saw Gary speak and was introduced to his work. Join me for the 2018 conference, June 19-24 in Buffalo, NY!
- The Leake Street Tunnel - Gary chronicled his experience painting a mural at this area in London.
- Marc Craig - street artist based in London who works primarily with large scale murals.
- Bob Negan - founder of WhizBang! Retail Training and the Retail Mastery System. His quote, “Givers get” is perpetually stuck in my head.
- The Rook - sci-fi audiobook that Gary recommended.
Special thanks to:
This episode is brought to you by:
DIY SEO for E-Commerce - learn the basics of optimizing your online shop to get more traffic from Google and other search engines!
*Note: some product links mentioned above may be affiliate links, which means if you click and buy the product, I make a small commission. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and I only recommend these products because they are the ones I have used. When you click and purchase, it helps support me making more episodes of this free podcast.
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.