SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
Robin Barnes, aka the “Songbird of New Orleans” grew up in a musical family and now sees herself as a cultural ambassador of New Orleans. In this episode, she shares how her background in business helped her to create a successful career in music, and how a life-changing health scare inspired her to start her second business, Move Ya Brass, a cardio fitness training program.
Find Robin Barnes online:
- website - RobinBarnesMusic.com
- Instagram - @robinmbarnes
- Facebook - @RobinBarnesMusic
- Twitter - @RobinMBarnes
- YouTube - Robin Barnes
- Spotify - Robin Barnes
- iTunes - Robin Barnes
Find Move Ya Brass online:
Other People & resources mentioned in this episode:
- VenturePOP Conference - 4th annual conference for creative entrepreneurs takes place September 28-30, 2018 in New Orleans, LA.
- Snoballs - we talked about Hansen's Sno-Bliz and Plum Street Snoballs. For more sweet treat talk, go back and listen to Episode 014 with Rebecca Duckert of Sweetface Snoballs.
- Marrow Creative / Kelsey Campion - photographer and accessories designer
- Whitney Mitchell - visual creative and social media director
- Andi Eaton - author and creative director
- Becky Fos - New Orleans based painter
- Podcasts - Gary Vaynerchuk and RuPaul: What's The Tee?
- Mardi Gras Indians - Robin describes this New Orleans tradition and listens to music from the Wild Magnolias when she runs.
This episode is brought to you by:
Badass Creatives Marketing Accelerator - join Mallory in New Orleans June 1-3, 2018 and get your online marketing efforts off the ground!
The Power of Pinterest - this 50-minute class on Skillshare offers an overview of how Pinterest can be used to drive massive traffic to your website, blog, or online shop.
*Note: some product links mentioned above may be affiliate links, which means if you click and buy the product, I make a small commission. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and I only recommend these products because they are the ones I have used. When you click and purchase, it helps support me making more episodes of this free podcast.
Special thanks to:
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.