SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
This week’s guest is Rebecca Duckert of Sweetface Snoballs. We discuss starting a creative business in a new city and bringing New Orleans culture to the streets of NYC.
Find Sweetface Snoballs online:
Other artists and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Big Apple Babes - the New Orleans inspired female dance group that Rebecca co-founded with Liz Beeson.
- New Orleans style snoballs - Hansen's Sno-Bliz is the originator of the New Orleans style snoball, SnoWizard is the company Rebecca got her machine from, and an Orchid Cream Vanilla snoball from Plum Street Snoballs is Mallory's personal favorite version in New Orleans.
- Vendy Awards - Rebecca was nominated for "Best Dessert" during her first year in business.
- Iris Apfel - the 96 year old interior designer and fashion icon who was the subject of a 2014 documentary, "Iris", which is available on Netflix.
- Flying Tiger Copenhagen - design store Rebecca recommended.
Special thanks to:
This episode is brought to you by:
DIY SEO for E-Commerce - learn the basics of optimizing your online shop to get more traffic from Google and other search engines!
*Note: some product links mentioned above may be affiliate links, which means if you click and buy the product, I make a small commission. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and I only recommend these products because they are the ones I have used. When you click and purchase, it helps support me making more episodes of this free podcast.
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.