SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
Monique Malcolm is the host of the Pimp Your Brilliance podcast and creator of the Visionary Journal, a goal setting system & planner. We talk about how she went from fashion blogger to t-shirt designer to goal setting guru.
Monique walks us through the process of taking a physical product from idea to first iteration to manufactured product. She shares the importance of connecting with her email list and Facebook contacts to use Kickstarter to pre-sell her product, and how she’s used Pinterest to drive traffic to her website. We also talk about setting goals and creating systems for productivity and time management, plus Monique shares how she got Issa Rae to feature her t-shirt line on Awkward Black Girl on YouTube years before Issa got famous.
Find Monique Malcolm online:
- Pimp Your Brilliance - Monique's podcast
- Visionary Journal - goal setting planner
- website - Keep Chasing the Stars
- Instagram - @starchasersonly
- Facebook - @keepchasingthestars
- Pinterest - @starchasersonly
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Board Booster - Monique uses the looping feature and campaign feature to promote her Pinterest pins.
- Tailwind - another Pinterest scheduling tool. Join the Badass Creatives Tailwind Tribe.
- Trello and Asana - project management systems
- Printful - print on demand fulfillment company that Monique (and Mallory) use to print and ship t-shirts.
- Amber Wright of Talk to Amber - speaking coach & Monique’s “business bestie”
- Christa David - artist who quit her 6-figure job to pursue art full-time
- Siobhan Sudberry of the Be Free Project - helping women get unstuck and put themselves first
This episode is brought to you by:
The Power of Pinterest - this 50-minute class on Skillshare offers an overview of how Pinterest can be used to drive massive traffic to your website, blog, or online shop.
DIY SEO for E-Commerce - learn the basics of optimizing your online shop to get more traffic from Google and other search engines!
*Note: some product links mentioned above may be affiliate links, which means if you click and buy the product, I make a small commission. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and I only recommend these products because they are the ones I have used. When you click and purchase, it helps support me making more episodes of this free podcast.
Special thanks to:
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.