SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
Juliet Meeks is a full time artist and surface designer whose work has been featured on products from Birchbox. We talk about how she prepared to quit her day job as a graphic designer, how she got started printing her designs on fabrics, and how she makes extra money by teaching online classes via Skillshare.
Find Juliet Meeks online:
- website - Juliet Meeks Design
- shop - Juliet Meeks Design
- watercolor & pattern design classes - Skillshare
- Instagram - @julietmeeksdesign
- Facebook - @julietmeeksdesign
Other artists and resources mentioned in this episode:
- #The100DayProject - Elle Luna’s free, global art project that anyone can participate in. The next one starts on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
- Hashtags Juliet mentioned: #dscolor by @designsponge, #dailydoseofpaper by @beautifulpaper, and #abmplantlady by @abeautifulmess
- Todoist - to do list and task manager app
- Maggie Covert LeBlanc - WalkingMan Studios
- Art Money & Success: A complete and easy-to-follow system for the artist who wasn't born with a business mind. - book by Maria Brophy
- Up and Vanished - podcast Juliet recommended
- Photo credits: portrait by G. Chapin Studios / studio photo by Darian Kayce
Special thanks to:
This episode is brought to you by:
DIY SEO for E-Commerce - learn the basics of optimizing your online shop to get more traffic from Google and other search engines!
*Note: some product links mentioned above may be affiliate links, which means if you click and buy the product, I make a small commission. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and I only recommend these products because they are the ones I have used. When you click and purchase, it helps support me making more episodes of this free podcast.
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.