SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
Curious about hashtags, growing your audience and driving traffic to your website from Instagram? This week’s episode is full of Instagram tips and tricks.
Links and resources mentioned:
- Krewe - New Orleans eyewear company with a cool 3 column Instagram layout I was inspired by.
- VSCO and A Color Story - photo editing apps I like
- FSC Interactive - the digital marketing agency I used to work at that did experiments to determine the optimal number and type of hashtags to post on Instagram for maximum reach and engagement.
- Linktree - tool to share more than one link via your Instagram profile.
- Shopify is beta testing shoppable Instagram posts. Read more.
- I have a guest blog on my other site on 3 Ways to Get More Instagram Followers, written by Rachel Daley from MadeFreshly with more tips, including an infographic that shows how to search for and save hashtag lists for easy reference.
- Here is a video presentation I did a few years ago on How To Grow Your Brand On Instagram.
- Tiffany Han, host of the Raise Your Hand Say Yes podcast, is doing #ayearoftruthtalks on her Instagram.
- Regina Anaejionu, aka @byreginatv, is doing a daily #ThoughtLeadersThink series on Instagram, asking daily questions to help you identify and take action on your own thoughts.
- I've started a daily #yearofgratitude art project on my personal Instagram account for 2018. I've been cross-posting them to my personal Facebook page. I typically only accept friend requests on Facebook from people I know in person, but you're welcome to follow along:
Right after I recorded this episode, Instagram supposedly began rolling out new changes to their algorithm. Many of the rumored changes directly conflict with the advice I offered in this episode.
Here’s the thing - in my time running my own creative businesses and working at a digital marketing agency, the social media algorithms and tactics used by brands to best reach their customers have changed a ton. But at the heart of things, the best way to reach your audience doesn’t change. When you can really dig into who you’re trying to communicate with, and figure out how to best serve them and offer them value, those strategies will win out in the long-run over any quick-win tactics intended to beat the latest algorithm change.
Special thanks to:
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
DIY SEO for E-Commerce - learn the basics of optimizing your online shop to get more traffic from Google and other search engines!
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.