SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
It’s been 10 years since I attended my first creative conference. Learn more about my favorite conference experiences and my tips for how introverts can use conferences to meet new people and grow their business.
Links and resources mentioned:
- VenturePOP Conference - I'll be speaking about The Power of Pinterest at this conference for creative entrepreneurs in New Orleans, September 30th and October 1st, 2017.
- Craft Congress - the very first conference I attended, in 2007 in Pittsburgh. There, I met Cinnamon Cooper and Faythe Levine of Handmade Nation, a documentary about the rise of the DIY indie craft movement.
- Texas Style Council - this conference for fashion bloggers called it quits in 2015, but not before I could attend the final shindig, held at a Girl Scout camp outside Austin, TX.
- Alt Summit - currently based in Palm Springs, CA, this conference sells out fast every year.
- Craftcation - I spoke at this Business + Maker's Conference in April 2017, and I'll be returning to speak in 2018. Registration opens October 5, 2017.
- CPSI Conference - the Creative Problem Solving Institute has been around for more than 60 years. This conference in Buffalo, NY dives deep into the science and methodology of deliberate creativity.
- The Creative Education Foundation - the non-profit that produces CPSI. The world needs more creative, innovative thinkers to solve the problems of the 21st century. Join me in supporting their work and make a donation to my fundraiser page for CEF. To sweeten the deal, I'm offering some Kickstarter-style incentives to donate, including shout-outs on a future podcast episode, guaranteed Instagram features, and discounted 1-hour consultations with me! Learn more and donate.
- Cyndie Spiegel - I met Cyndie at Texas Style Council in 2015 and convinced the VenturePop team to bring her on as a speaker at their first conference. She's returning to New Orleans to speak at VenturePop this year! She also runs a mastermind of incredible business women called The Collective (of Us).
- Badassery Magazine - my friends Kathy & Samantha are the co-founders, and they'll be sponsoring the after-party for VenturePOP Conference this year. They also have a podcast.
- The Ultimate Guide to Conferences for Creatives - my directory of creative conferences. I update it regularly. See a cool conference that’s missing? Let me know!
Special thanks to:
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
DIY SEO for E-Commerce - learn the basics of optimizing your online shop to get more traffic from Google and other search engines!
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.