SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
This week’s guest is artist Natalie Rodriguez Ivicek of Maps Travel Art, a collection of custom maps and travel art, and Don't Tell Me 2 Smile, an anti-street harassment and anti-gender violence clothing line. We discuss conquering the fear of failure, going out on your own, how she created her own clothing line using drop-shipping tools like Printful, and much more.
Find Natalie Rodriguez Ivicek online:
- Maps Travel Art - a collection of custom maps and travel art
- Don't Tell Me 2 Smile - an anti-street harassment and anti-gender violence clothing line
- Instagram - @natartlie and @donttellme2smile
- Facebook - Maps Travel Art and Don't Tell Me 2 Smile
- Twitter - @natartlie and @donttellme2smile
- Pinterest - natARTlie and Don't Tell Me 2 Smile
Other artists and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Ladies, Wine & Design New Orleans - monthly salon night for creative ladies
- I met Natalie at the Craftermind event I co-hosted with the ladies of The Palette Social in June 2017.
- @grita.acallejero - artist group based in Chile creating anti street harassment art
- M.A.D. Nails - New Orleans nail artist Morgan, who was the set nail tech for Niecy Nash on Season 1 of Claws on TNT. She will be collaborating with Natalie soon on an art project.
- Printful - the print-on-demand drop-shipping company both Natalie and I use to print and fulfill our clothing designs
- Art of Where - another print-on-demand company designed with artists in mind
- Etsy Manufacturing - Natalie used it to find fulfillment companies to partner with
- Natalie mentioned listening to the 2 Dope Queens podcast, the audio book version of The $100 Startup and Side Hustle School, and uses the OverDrive App to listen to audio books.
- They weren't mentioned in this episode, but Natalie also recommends checking out the GIRLBOSS® Foundation, which awards one grant biannually to female entrepreneurs pursuing creative endeavors.
Special thanks to:
This episode is brought to you by:
DIY SEO for E-Commerce - learn the basics of optimizing your online shop to get more traffic from Google and other search engines!
VenturePOP Conference - I'll be speaking about The Power of Pinterest at this conference for creative entrepreneurs in New Orleans, September 30th and October 1st, 2017.
*Note: some product links mentioned above may be affiliate links, which means if you click and buy the product, I make a small commission. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and I only recommend these products because they are the ones I have used. When you click and purchase, it helps support me making more episodes of this free podcast.
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.