SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
We chatted about creating one-of-a-kind customer experiences and why, as a creative brand, you’re not for everybody, and that’s okay.
In the photo above, at left, you can see Rachel wearing one of her signature scarves during her chemotherapy phase. At right, she is pictured a year later, at her first fashion event, after her final breast cancer surgery.
Find Rachel Park online:
- Rachel Park Designs - made-to-order neckties and bow ties
- SurvivorModa.com - the ParkPuff™ seatbelt pillow for breast cancer patients
- Instagram - @rachelparkties and @survivormoda.rachel
- Facebook - Rachel Park Designs and Survivor Moda
Other artists and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Rock Stars of the First Amendment - Rachel’s friends, the band The Slants, wore one of her ties to the Supreme Court in their fight to trademark their name. The Supreme Court ruled 8-0 in their favor, and they appeared on The Daily Show wearing her tie as well. (Check out the tie on the far left in the first picture.)
- Otis Brayboy - Rachel's fiancée & story artist
- Passion Planner - one of Rachel's must-have business tools
- How I Built This - podcast about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built
- Rachel’s made-to-order tie is pictured at the top of this page and features her signature Korean tipping. Photo credit: Caddie Hastings Photography
Special thanks to:
This episode is brought to you by:
DIY SEO for E-Commerce - learn the basics of optimizing your online shop to get more traffic from Google and other search engines!
VenturePOP Conference - I'll be speaking about The Power of Pinterest at this conference for creative entrepreneurs in New Orleans, September 30th and October 1st, 2017.
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.