SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
Ingrid Victoria Ruth Anderson of Chimera Lashes is a lash designer, makeup artist, and self-proclaimed “idea person” who realized she needed to focus on just one of her ideas in order to make a big impact.
Before turning to lashes, she previously created a number of different handmade products including Panties with a Pocket and The Crocheted Beard. In this episode, we also talk about finding a business partner to help balance the business side of things with the more creative aspects of running a business.
Find Ingrid & Chimera Lashes online:
- website - chimeralashes.com
- Facebook - Chimera Lashes
- Instagram - Chimera Lashes
- stockists - stores where you can buy Chimera Lashes
Other people & resources mentioned in this episode:
- Angee Jackson joined us in the background. She is Ingrid’s business partner, as well as the owner of Miette (a cute boutique in New Orleans) and Mojo Coffee House.
- Caroline Thomas - Mardi Gras headdress maker Ingrid mentions near the beginning.
- We referenced Episode 030, with Dynamo store owners Hope & Nico.
- Ingrid works for Carl Mack Events & Gwendolyn Entertainment as a freelance face painter & makeup artist.
- Dragcon - RuPaul’s drag convention where they've sold Chimera Lashes.
- Blue Ocean Strategy is a marketing book and idea that Mallory mentioned. She referenced their example of Drybar, the California-based chain of salons founded in 2008 by Alli Webb.
- Fantastic Planet - Ingrid's favorite artsy movie.
- Lawrence Keegan of GetHellbent Leather is the leather artist Ingrid mentions.
- Ingrid mentioned listening to Thievery Corporation on Spotify and the Stuff You Should Know podcast.
This episode is brought to you by:
The Power of Pinterest - this 50-minute class on Skillshare offers an overview of how Pinterest can be used to drive massive traffic to your website, blog, or online shop.
*Note: some product links mentioned above may be affiliate links, which means if you click and buy the product, I make a small commission. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and I only recommend these products because they are the ones I have used. When you click and purchase, it helps support me making more episodes of this free podcast.
Special thanks to:
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.