SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
Beth Miller is the Executive Director of the Creative Education Foundation, a non-profit which produces CPSI, the world’s longest-running creativity conference. We talk about deliberate creativity, embracing vulnerability, and how a paper Beth wrote as an undergraduate has been adapted into a play.
Find Beth, CPSI, and CEF online:
- CPSI (Creative Problem Solving Institute) - Registration is now open for CPSI 2018. (June 19-24 in Buffalo, NY) I will be teaching a breakout session - Be Your Own Niche: Personal Branding & Embracing Your Weird. Save 30% off full registrations using discount code WEB30 when you register before March 31.
- The Creative Education Foundation (CEF) is a nonprofit that sparks personal and professional transformation by empowering people with the skill set, tool set, and mind set of deliberate creativity.
- Instagram - @cpsiconference
- Twitter - @cpsiconference + @_CreativeEd
- Facebook - @creativeeducationfoundation
- Facebook group - Creative Problem Solving (CPS) Discussion Group
- LinkedIn - Creative Education Foundation + Beth Miller
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the Creative Problem Solving process, including Divergent and Convergent thinking.
- I interviewed CPSI 2017 keynote speaker, artist & improv theater facilitator Gary Hirsch on episode 26.
- Jane O’Meara Sanders, founder of the Sanders Institute (and wife of Bernie), will be the 2018 CPSI keynote speaker. She’ll address the topic of approaching problems with applied imagination, the importance of creativity and arts in education and society, and the role that creativity can play in helping people imagine and create what’s possible rather than what is.
- YouthWise is CPSI’s concurrent creativity conference for kids and teens, aged 8 to 17.
- An Education in Prudence is a new play by Stefan Lanfer based on a paper Beth wrote as an undergraduate.
- We mentioned Brené Brown’s book Rising Strong in our conversation about vulnerability.
Special thanks to:
This episode is brought to you by:
The Power of Pinterest - this 50-minute class on Skillshare offers an overview of how Pinterest can be used to drive massive traffic to your website, blog, or online shop.
DIY SEO for E-Commerce - learn the basics of optimizing your online shop to get more traffic from Google and other search engines!
*Note: some product links mentioned above may be affiliate links, which means if you click and buy the product, I make a small commission. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and I only recommend these products because they are the ones I have used. When you click and purchase, it helps support me making more episodes of this free podcast.
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.