SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN:
Ready to get started selling your art or handmade products online, but have no idea where to start? This intro to e-commerce is just what you need.
Links and resources mentioned:
- Buyable Pins - some e-commerce platforms let shoppers buy your products directly via Pinterest.
- PCI Compliance - if you sell anything online, you are required to follow these guidelines to keep your customers' credit card information safe and secure.
- Self-hosted e-commerce solutions - you'll need to take care of your own hosting, security and software updates. Magento and WooCommerce for WordPress are two of the most popular.
- Hosted e-commerce platforms usually take care of PCI Compliance, software updates, and security for you. Some of the most popular hosted platforms include Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, Shopify, CoreCommerce, and Big Commerce.
- Marketplaces like Etsy and Storenvy offer a place to sell your products alongside other sellers.
- DIY SEO for E-commerce - my online workshop to teach you the basics of search engine optimization.
- Xero - the accounting software I use, which automatically integrates with some e-commerce platforms.
- Printful - print on demand products like the t-shirts and tote bags in the Badass Creatives shop.
Special thanks to:
This episode is brought to you by:
DIY SEO for E-Commerce - learn the basics of optimizing your online shop to get more traffic from Google and other search engines!
VenturePOP Conference - I'll be speaking about The Power of Pinterest at this conference for creative entrepreneurs in New Orleans, September 30th and October 1st, 2017.
Sign up for the free #BadassCreatives e-mail club!
- Follow your host, Mallory Whitfield, on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn.